Having pain in any part of the head is called a headache. Often, a headache that is bothering you isn’t dangerous and will go away on its own. Severe headaches that last for a short or long time and have a big impact on your ability to do everyday things and your quality of life can often be controlled or eliminated with the right treatment.
At our clinic, we can treat headaches that are caused by musculoskeletal problems or a lot of other things. Tension-type, migraine and cluster headaches, as well as secondary headaches caused by fever or an infectious disease, cranial neuralgias, and facial pain are just some of the different types of headaches.
Our office is here to help you find out if your headaches can be treated without the use of drugs or medications.
What are the causes of Headaches?
- bright lights
- severe heat, or other extremes in weather
- changes in barometric pressure
- hormone changes in people assigned female at birth, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations during menstruation, pregnancy, or menopause
- excess stress
- loud sounds
- intense physical activity
- skipping meals
- changes in sleep patterns
- use of certain medications, like oral contraceptives or nitroglycerin
- unusual smells
- certain foods
- alcohol use